Last Updated: October 4, 2011
Information we collect about you
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website about yourself or one or more of your children. This includes identifying information, such as your name(s), address, email address, and telephone number(s). We also request information about your home (i.e., does it have a pool, pets, trampoline, etc.), your child (ie., gender and age) and other helpful play date related information such as whether your child has any allergies or other medical conditions. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information collected automatically via Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name associated with your user or member ID in the cookie file on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and any referring website address. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Cookies on our website do not link to or store your personal information. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, and the links you click. We currently do not advertise Playdate Planet on third party sites, but if we were to choose to do so in the future, during your visits to any such websites where we would advertise, we (or third parties) might use certain data collected on our site to show you the type of Playdate Planet advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you.
- For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you choose to decline cookies please be aware that you may not be able to sign in or use some or all of the features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use other standard Internet technology in addition to cookies to track your use of our site. We also may track advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our content, advertising or programming.
How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our Terms and Conditions;
- manage our business;
- provide Playdate Planet.com advertisements to you when you visit other sites; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, member screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or other investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member and/or create play dates.
- When you register on our website, you will consent to receive email messages from us about our services or your account. You will be given the opportunity to opt out of any newsletters or commercial e-mails unrelated to our services or your account that we may send to you in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us.
- You can also control information collected by cookies as previously discussed.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to schedule and confirm play dates. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Although our website is designed for the purpose of creating and scheduling play dates, its use is restricted to individuals age 18 and above. Parents may provide certain personal information about their children, but we do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
Playdate Planet.com, L.L.C.
6553 Aylesboro Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15217